Discuss Bank Fraud- My moneys gone!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamM

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got call from bank few hours ago. There have been a number of high value, suspect transactions on my account and they wanted to confirm all is well.
I have not bought anything in recent days and on checking my account (which I have not looked at for past month or so) was shocked to learn my account is more or less cleaned out. Looks like the fraudulent transactions go back to November.
Now I need to go through every transaction for past few few months and filter out all the suspect transactions to pass on to banks fraud squad in morning.
Then need to find my passport to try get money from bank as all my cards been cancelled as a precaution.
Rats!! What a time of year to go through this.:(
Not even got her present yet. Suppose I have a good excuse for getting her nothing now.

terrible mate. hope it gets sorted out. will the bank just give you the money back then ? how it work ?

Similar thing happened to me last month, 10 direct debit payments in the same day, each for the same amount, to some Just Giving style "charity" based in America. Lucky I noticed that same day because they'd have probably carried on until my account was dry. The bank blocked my card and refunded my cash there and then because they were obviously fraudulent withdrawals. I had to sign some fraud claim paperwork and send it off for investigation.

It wasn't too much of a hassle to get it all sorted out to be honest and I hope the same goes for you, good luck.

thats terrible, hope you get it sorted, we should go back to good old cash and get rid of the banks

I had the same experience as NPK a few months ago. The bank refunded the fraudulent transaction cash immediately. Hope you get sorted as fast Graham.

The lengths some people will go to just to save themselves from trudging round the shops for a pressie for the Mrs.

All sorted. :hurray:
Bank were great. Had go through every suspected fraud transaction with card services girl, then had wait in call queue for about 10 mins for a fraud department adviser (they must be busy) to go through every transaction again.
Money will be refunded by 5pm and I will get paperwork sent out to sign as mentioned.
After the bank blocked the card they told me the rat tried to purchase £1600 worth of laptops and £500 worth of designer clothes.
I missed out on a nights sleep and a days work, but cant complain. I had visions of this dragging on for weeks before saw any of my cash back.
Will be more vigilant in checking bank transactions in future.
Hope the rat responsible chokes on his turkey that was probably paid for by me. :veryangry2:

Its happened to me too, twice had card scammed and once bank account cleaned out. As you say though the bank sorted it but its a worry.

as said, I am sure the bank has to pay back all fraudulent transactions. Buggers!!!!! Its definitely a stressful time of yr for that to happen. As a matter of fact, any time of yr would be stressful. I hope it gets sorted asap

All sorted. :hurray:
Bank were great. Had go through every suspected fraud transaction with card services girl, then had wait in call queue for about 10 mins for a fraud department adviser (they must be busy) to go through every transaction again.
Money will be refunded by 5pm and I will get paperwork sent out to sign as mentioned.
After the bank blocked the card they told me the rat tried to purchase £1600 worth of laptops and £500 worth of designer clothes.
I missed out on a nights sleep and a days work, but cant complain. I had visions of this dragging on for weeks before saw any of my cash back.
Will be more vigilant in checking bank transactions in future.
Hope the rat responsible chokes on his turkey that was probably paid for by me. :veryangry2:

I'm glad it was all sorted out for you, although I'm sure it was traumatic. Still time to get the Mrs a pressie then!

Have a good Christmas.

The Bank should be named and shamed when this sort of thing happens they normally sort it out fairly fast, Good Luck though

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read through this and I'm shocked. I really hope that the bank sorts this out for you sooner rather than later. What a terrible thing to happen, especially at this time of year.

glad you got it sorted mate. not the time of year to be dealing with this type of thing.

i had it a year or so back, my credit card company phoned me and aksed if i had made a £500 bet on a horse in dubai. I then said "yes if the horse won but no if it did not". The girl on the phone said in a strict voice "we take fraud very seriously sir" i stop laughing like a naughty boy being told off by his mom. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bank Fraud- My moneys gone!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock