Search the forum,

Discuss Banging heating pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone! I've spoken to my super a few times about the heating pipe in my bedroom, which makes a terrific amount of noise every time the heat comes on - a problem that does not affect the similar pipes in my kitchen or bathroom. He says it's normal and that nothing can be done, but I'm not sure he's actually heard it himself, and I think this perhaps goes beyond the expected amount of noise (brief video/audio attached). It wakes me up multiple times every night in spite of both earplugs and a white noise machine. Would anyone here be able to tell me whether this is in fact normal—or if there is an issue, is it possible to tell from this clip what the problem might be? I find that the more specific I can be with the management company the better. 🤞 Thank you so much for reading!

Attachments

• IMG_4037.mov
    49.4 MB
That sounds like something is gravity circulating or it’s overheating pumps getting old

Depends on the system if gravity one pipe sorry but normal eg old building and heating system

Reply to Banging heating pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock