Search the forum,

Discuss Ballofix Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucas121

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So ballofix valves have a flow direction on them. After having a look at them i cant see any difference in them apart from 1 end has what looks like 4 little holes inside them. Iv seen many that have been fitted the wrong way round yet still work perfectly.

How come you need to fit them in a certain direction?

Just wondering.

It is likely that there is a washer or something in there that only really works one way round. I have seen the odd one back to front and not seen an issue. May be it only happens on very high pressure but they would not waste time having it marked out as one way, it would be a nice USP that so and so company have a universal both ways round ball-o-fix but no one has it yet

It is likely that there is a washer or something in there that only really works one way round. I have seen the odd one back to front and not seen an issue. May be it only happens on very high pressure but they would not waste time having it marked out as one way, it would be a nice USP that so and so company have a universal both ways round ball-o-fix but no one has it yet

All the full bore ballies merchants sell near me can be fitted in either direction as are not marked.

The direction of flow is against the way the Ballofix valve is assembled, so that is probably the reason - to keep it all together & sealed, I think.
Nothing to do with the ball.
But I could be wrong.
They are a load of tat & I don't use the cheap Ballofix now.

its mainly to do with the way its built. Fit the valve in the correct direction and the pressure is put upon the internals keeping them pushed against the main body of the valve, the other way around and the pressure is put on the internals towards the way they were inserted when manufacturerd. imagine how the valve is maunfacturerd and you will see it makes sense.

its mainly to do with the way its built. Fit the valve in the correct direction and the pressure is put upon the internals keeping them pushed against the main body of the valve, the other way around and the pressure is put on the internals towards the way they were inserted when manufacturerd. imagine how the valve is maunfacturerd and you will see it makes sense.

Nice one I am sure you are right...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the rubber seal pushed out and block the pipe when one was fitted the wrong way round. That was in Hastings town centre where pressures can be as high as 10 bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ballofix Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock