Discuss balanced flue ..problem ...never seen this before in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffy27

went to look at an oil burner tonight .... it was an indoor firebird ..the flue outside was red hot on the inside ..<br>why would this happen on a balanced flue ...<br>owner is a mechanic and said the burner was burning black recently and he adjusted the air damper .burned clean again but a touch louder from the flue outside he noticed ..i am a tad confused &nbsp;with this scenario .any ideas at all ....

You need Simon for this. Not me thou. The other Simon. He seems to be the oil expert

Too much air = too hot flame.
Baffles may be burnt out. Needs a strip down service, new nozzle and set up properly.

ya,, thanks for the great help there tamz...lol
got it sorted ..riello g5x.. ..there were a number of things wrong ,,culminating in too much heat been drawn out flue .. never seen it to happen before ..low level balanced flue reddening ? gave it a full service and had to make alterations to say the least to rectify problem..incorrect atomizer,oil pressure was 14 bar ,,lol ... damper was set to 5 for air intake ..lol [ended up back to nearer 2.25 for complete combustion ] ..baffles wer in completely wrong ..new experience for me to c this happening ..we live and learn ..

As tamz says flue temp is too high, if it was burning with black smoke then chances are its nice and sooty inside, and he's then opened the air shutter up to get it to burn cleanly and now its just shoving all the heat strait through the boiler and out the flue. All it should need is a good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to balanced flue ..problem ...never seen this before in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock