Search the forum,

Discuss Backplate elbow cracked in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Has any one come across a backplate elbow start leaking after 5 years because of a crack in it?

Yes.
Also bent female irons when you just nip them that extra bit to line up where you want. Now if at all possible I use a straight iron and then a long tail street elbow to get the alignment- much safer for me.

It would be nice if they didn’t mill so much brass away - I’d happily pay the extra 50p to have a heavy one with thicker walls, but not really available where I am.

Reply to Backplate elbow cracked in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our boiler is in the loft and I encountered a leak in a roof above our side extension store room which has transpired to be from the boiler condensate pipe. It was cracked at an elbow so the plumber we use has replaced this and hopefully all will be well with that joint. This later prompted me...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to be install a shower elbow, I like the look of this one, but I think the maximum thread length I should screw in is around 40mm (as I'm not sure exactly how many turns it will be towards the end to get it aligned and snug) is it acceptable to cut down an elbow that has a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I hope you are doing well. I have a problem. Not sure if this was always like that or something is degrading. Whenever the toilet refills when it finishes there is a knock in the pipes. The same happens when the washing machine finishes taking water. Is this because there is too tight...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock