Discuss Back Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jrab1970

Hi Guys

Ive been asked to remove a back boile and replace it with a combi. Not been round to see the job yet and dont have any details about make and model. Ive never removed a back boiler before, anything i should know before i go.

Any advice will be greatfuly recived. :D

not trying to be funny/smart or rude, but if you dont know how to do this take someone with you who does, far better to give away half the cash and do less work for a minimal amount of stress on yourself, and it will teach you how to do it then when comfortable you can do it on your own, there are far too many things we could advise you to be careful of, but will still miss something, honestly you will end up there for 4 days instead of 2 so will only therefore technically get the same value as halving the money with a mate and your reputation wont take a pounding and hopefully your mate will call on you to assist him as a pay back on another job

It's not hard mate if you can change a y or s plan to a combi then this won't pose a problem.

Agreed with all of the above.

You will need a mate anyway, they weigh a ton. No fun getting them out over someones nice cream carpet.

plastic floor sheet dust sheet plastic dust sheet then anther dust sheet and a whole lot of humpin errrrrr

it will be dirty if possible get the carpets removed or well sheeted both cotton and poly when you cut the primaries out they will be full of very black water if your pulling the flue liner out this also generates a heap of dirt
once the fire is of you can see the boiler connections on the side of the boiler
try and get a look at the mi's for the fire to see how it comes of usually a couple of screws either in the top grill or under the bottom flap which is where youll find a small gas pipe to undo

Last edited:
Lots of dust sheets, pray that the installer fitted a drain off low enough to get all of the water out of the heat exchanger.

Once you've cut the pipework out, bung them with tissue. No matter how well you drain it, they will always spill!

Make sure there are two of you to carry it out, there is no pride to be had by struggling by yourself and potentially doing your back in.

you can buy sticky plastic carpet protector on a roll for the mess. As for the job as kirk said get somebody who knows, you can come unstuck with back boilers make sure you expose the pipe work that will be in the boxing in on either the left side or right side to see what is going on, you may even find a pump under the floor boards! And if possible try to pick up them primaries with you new boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

when I removed the back coal saver I can now see the mental back boiler. I could not see the back boiler when I put the coal saver in place last...
Replies
Views
Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock