Discuss automatic bypass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bruno202006

doing a boiler and heating controls upgrade here in Ireland through a grant system. new grant vortex being installed but system is currently setup with 3 pumps in hotpress, 1 for downstairs, 1 for upstairs and 1 for cylinder. automatic bypass is required as part of the requirements. would a tee off after each pump fed back through the bypass onto the cold line work? normally have a pump at boiler and zone valves inside. system will have boiler interlock

bypass is to protect pump if trvs shut down, so wont need one on cyl side, as pump should stop when valve shuts on cyl stat demand being satisfied. not sure why you need 3 pumps unless its a very large place but same old preventing pumps being damaged means you need a bypass on flow to the return . my worry would be 3 pumps may well give you a rather noisy system and difficulty in getting a reasonable delta t if you have such a high flow rate if it is a rad system, which wont help your boiler survive long

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to automatic bypass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
A (if) CH system has a very high head loss due to improperly sized pipework and long runs and possibly partially blocked pipes and requires a UPS2...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock