Discuss automatic air release valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got called out - customer complaining no hot water but rads all hot. Turned up thermostat on boiler , pump up to max and closed all rads except for one. Water starting to heat in hot water cylinder but very slow. Whilst in attic I noticed there is no vent over the header tank - only an automatic air release valve on which the schrader valve seems knackered. Is it satisfactory to replace the air release valve or should I run a vent over the header tank. I may need to replace the HWC if water does not heat satisfactorily but that's another issue....

thanks

dave

There isn't a schraeder valve on an AAV. There's a valve cap but it's a needle valve under it operated by a float. The valve cap may have been shut because the AAV was letting by.

thanks desrob - going back tomorrow and think I will take away the valve and install a proper open vent over the header tank as should have been done in first place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to automatic air release valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock