Discuss attn. CLUB energy members (Glowworm) WARNING! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all other Club Energy Members..

I just found out today (and confirmed by Glowworm) that if you sell one of their 15 year warranties - Vailliant Group Service must do the servicing..

Means I have miss-sold to some customers (told them I would do the servicing) - and done my self out of servicing forever for these customers.

I can predict huge problems with this policy - 8 years down the line, you have been doing the annual service, and Glowworm walk away from their warranty..

Be warned, and pass on!

Regards
Colin

They told us about it during our Vaillant course and told us not to bother with the 15 year warrenty as you'd be doing yourself out of work....

I just found out today (and confirmed by Glowworm) that if you sell one of their 15 year warranties - Vailliant Group Service must do the servicing..

Means I have miss-sold to some customers (told them I would do the servicing) - and done my self out of servicing forever for these customers.

I can predict huge problems with this policy - 8 years down the line, you have been doing the annual service, and Glowworm walk away from their warranty..

Be warned, and pass on!

Regards
Colin

G/worms arnt a bad boiler but 15 year warranty,may be on a 1990 spacesaver,but not on a friggin combi

Be warned, and pass on!

Regards
Colin

Double check.

i was told by a head honcho that they take over after year 10.
uptill then its your gaff

Think he wanted you to keep rubbing his ego. Defo been lied to! Read the t&c

Double check.

i was told by a head honcho that they take over after year 10.
uptill then its your gaff

Who was the "head honcho" Billy?

My understanding is the same as the OP. Although, to be fair to Glow-worm, I don't think that they ever concealed it. I recall threads on here discussing it a year or more ago.

Just some bloke who kept buying him drinks at the copacobanna wearing a glowworm fleece.

Ha no, glow worm/vailliants main sales guy popped into a training day and proudly said about it.
this was last summer, i questioned the point of them taking over just the end of the servicing to get a replacement and get just smiled. Martin something i think?

obviously he talked out of his backside or they changed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to attn. CLUB energy members (Glowworm) WARNING! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock