Search the forum,

Discuss ATL PT & OCLI, Legit or not Legit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Goose

Hi all,
I am new to the UKPF and would be grateful for some advice.

I have been trying to make a career change from the army to a qualified NVQ Level 2 Plumber without any success. I just dont have the time and funds to do a full time College course. So after finding the part time home learning college ATL Practical Training online, I thought it was amazing, so I recently had an advisor from ATL PT at my house. The whole course sounds very good and legit, but afterwards I found the forum and not so good comments about ATL PT.

Can anyone please confirm to me that ATL PT is a legit and good college or not? and
Can you please give me advice on OCLI, weather they are any good?

ATL PT wanted me to pay 5600 pnds for a 3 year Level 2 NVQ Plumbing Course, it is a lot of money to make the wrong choice of College on?

Just want to say thanks to anyone who takes the time to reads this and gives me some advice.

Regards,

Gustav

Pay for it if you like but you'll never become a trained plumber, ull know more by buying plumbing books.

You really need a placement to gain experience is the best chance

cant really pass comment on plumbing but I did my gas with olci, I know some have had problems but I found them great.

if you dont have time to do the course at college then these other places are your best option. i went with olci too. they ticked all the right boxes when i was looking around.

i did my course with t4ts which was atl practicals i found these were a good choice i made never had any problems at all with them

Hi all,
I am new to the UKPF and would be grateful for some advice.

I have been trying to make a career change from the army to a qualified NVQ Level 2 Plumber without any success. I just dont have the time and funds to do a full time College course. So after finding the part time home learning college ATL Practical Training online, I thought it was amazing, so I recently had an advisor from ATL PT at my house. The whole course sounds very good and legit, but afterwards I found the forum and not so good comments about ATL PT.

Can anyone please confirm to me that ATL PT is a legit and good college or not? and
Can you please give me advice on OCLI, weather they are any good?

ATL PT wanted me to pay 5600 pnds for a 3 year Level 2 NVQ Plumbing Course, it is a lot of money to make the wrong choice of College on?

Just want to say thanks to anyone who takes the time to reads this and gives me some advice.

Regards,

Gustav

I left the army in October last year having completed my NVQ with OLCI 4 years ago and ACS with Gastec 12 months ago. OLCI were good and at the end of it you will have the right qualifications to take your career forward. The only problem I had with them was that their admin can be awful. What these companies don't give you though is experience and that is where the problem lies, you will be taught everything you need to know to pass the assessments etc but that is it, the rest is down to you and how much you put into it. You need to spend as much time on the tools as possible with someone who knows what they are doing, you could try the contractors on camp to see if they can help. It is possible to get yourself qualified before you get out just be realistic in your expectation, think recruit fresh out of training joining the Bn and you won't be far off where you'll be following training. At the end of the day your time in the forces will have served you well and your determination to succeed will carry you through. Lastly make use of any funding that you can get ELC/SLC etc, saving ELCs for when you get out (in my opinion) will be a waste as you'll be too busy to use them then. Good luck ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ATL PT & OCLI, Legit or not Legit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice. I`ve been trying to get on an apprenticeship but I`ve had no joy so far, so I`m hoping to gain some experience by working alongside an experienced...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
Hi All I've just started out studying NVQ level 2 plumbing and Heating and then further on to gas engineering. I work full time (Self-employed) and have been a successful Chef for 35 years but have no experience in the plumbing and gas industry. I have a car (clean licence) a good attitude and...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m looking for work as a trainee/mate. I live in Lancashire and attended college in Leeds so don’t mind travelling anywhere in the north west. I’m looking to complete my NVQ portfolio the jobs I require On site observation with the college assessor: Health & Safety x2 Installation of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock