Discuss ariston water heater help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Theladyplumber

Hi, hope someone can help. i have recently fitted an ariston europrisma under sink water instantanouse tank, it was working fine on the few times i tested it over a week. no leaks and nice hot water. i have fitted it in a chalet which is only used a few times a year by the owner. they came down on thursday and used the ariston and it was working fine, no leaks and hot water!. however i just got a text to say that when they switched it on this morning, there was no power to the heater (no red light) and no power in the switch for the heater (no red light) and its leaking slightly from the dialectric coupling from the tank....i must have done something wrong but dont know what. the heater has been fitted with pressure reducing valve, pressure relief valve and expansion vessel. could someone please shed some light on what i have done wrong please. chalet job 6.jpghope this picture helps.

not fitted one myself. is it electricly heated, i presume it is? is the red light on normally when working correctly? if so it would suggest an electrical fault on the incoming supply

is the leak just a leak that can be fixed?

Where was power supply taken from ? What size cable did you use ?? have you asked them to check the MCB, RCBO or RCD to see if it has tripped.
PS is that a sink or a basin above the heater.

hi yes electrically heated. red light normally on when working

an electrician did the electric side of it, dont know what size cable he used, no idea! customers have chewcked mcb ect and they say its all working fine! and its a sink above the heater

then surely its an electrical problem, have you checked the wiring? how is it wired?

Blown fuse in spur?

Is it leaking from brass FI elbow connected to unit? I know the hyco units state that they must be coupled with flexi's ( sorry system3 :) )

not now no! it was working fine, then they switched on again to use it and there was no power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ariston water heater help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock