Search the forum,

Discuss Ariston Microgenious 23 MFFI Fully Modulating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wet Bandit

Hi folks,

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have a customer that would like to get rid of there electric shower in favour of a thermostatic mixer. They tell me they have the above mentioned boiler. Depending on what the consensus reckons I'd probably recommend a Mira Excel Thermostatic Mixer Shower.

Couple of things:

• What's the reliability like for Ariston Microgenious'?
  • Mira require fully modulating combis, is this fully modulating?
  • Do you think it would cope with the extra demand?

I welcome your views.

Cheers,

Matt

microgenus not bad in its day,getting on a bit now but easy to fix,it is fully modulating however i am having a nightmare with a mira excell at the moment only been in 3 weeks inlet o rings have failed twice,i only bought it because it replaced a 10 year old excell,mira are panning me because i used the existing nuts i am about to ramp things up with them and get a bit nasty,shower wise i would go grohe,never had any issues with them

I for one would definitely not be fitting a mixer shower and expecting one of these boilers to run without issue.
It must be 8-10 year old and if it copes with a mixer shower now, I would certainly expect it to give problems very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston Microgenious 23 MFFI Fully Modulating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock