Discuss Ariston europrisma Dielectric junctions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anybody have any experience of fitting these units as these fittings seem to leak unless you use loads of ptfe on them to get a seal.

Anybody got any advice if they are needed? seen a couple just installed with flexes straight onto the top.

Fitting one in a church next week and dont want them to leak. :)

yea never fit them just use brass compression female irons

Says in the instructions they must always be fitted? Will it void warranty if I don't use them do you think?

Says in the instructions they must always be fitted? Will it void warranty if I don't use them do you think?

dont see why threads are plastic/nylon and if joining with copper or brass its fine

they just end up splitting/cracking anyway (the adapters)

dont see why threads are plastic/nylon and if joining with copper or brass its fine

they just end up splitting/cracking anyway (the adapters)

So if these were made available for rads, on a minging system it would stop the return rotting out first?

if you dont fit them you will soon see why they are provided. Not hard to seal with a few wraps of ptfe, just dont go mad or it all gets forced out of the threads.

if you dont fit them you will soon see why they are provided. Not hard to seal with a few wraps of ptfe, just dont go mad or it all gets forced out of the threads.

any reason why ? as if you use a brass fitting there will be no chance of corrosion via electrolytic reaction

got one in a loo, no nylon fittings and it corroded out very quickly, replacement as per manual and its been there and is a clean as a whistle and no leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston europrisma Dielectric junctions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Please excuse the long story! so, my central heating kept tripping the fuse in the consumer unit. I read that moisture in the boiler could be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock