Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ariston E combi 30: Ingition issue, electrodes dirty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

highlandplumber

Hi and hello to everybody!

I had a plumber in the flat having a look at the ignition problems. Both electrodes got dirty and needed cleaning. The boiler worked fine for a while after the clean but the problem is back now. Electrodes were cleaned again and the problem is back again after shorter period of time and the boiler needs to be reset every so often.

The question is whether only the electrodes need replacement? The plumber says this might be PCB which is not cheap to replace. I'm considering between fixing this one or installing a new boiler as this one is getting more temperamental.

Is it worth fixing? Any chance that's it only needs new electrodes? I need to decide before ordering parts.
many thanks for any advice!!

if you can new boiler i would go for esp if the boiler is more than 5 years old

I know, but it wasw already in the flat.
I'm not looking for a gas advice, the plumber who started dealing with it seems clueless and asking me whether to buy parts. If the new electrodes will sort out the problem it seems worth trying but I'm considering new boiler rather than fitting ne PCB into this one...

I know, but it wasw already in the flat.
I'm not looking for a gas advice, the plumber who started dealing with it seems clueless and asking me whether to buy parts. If the new electrodes will sort out the problem it seems worth trying but I'm considering new boiler rather than fitting ne PCB into this one...

There not the best and if you put parts on via your gas safe end who can say how long it would last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston E combi 30: Ingition issue, electrodes dirty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock