Discuss are wire balloon guards on the chimney ok with gas fires? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rolysatch

hi

i'm about to get my chimney swept in preparation for a gas safe guy to come and fit a gas fire for me. i've currently got a wire balloon guard on my pot and wasn't sure if i should get the chimney sweep to push it off when he cleans the chimney or if they are ok with gas fires? it's the chimney pot on the right in the photo.

any advice appreciated, thanks in advance

roly

image.jpg

couldn't the sweep push it off with his brush when he cleans it? thoise wire baloon giards are only held on by the wire legs.

Leave it be. It should not affect the performance of your gas fire it is their to keep things from building homes in your chimney which would constitute a significant risk to you and your home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to are wire balloon guards on the chimney ok with gas fires? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back