Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss are magnacleans essential? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if not fitting a magnaclean on a combi conversion of an old system will invalidate warranty on boiler? also what other get out clauses do manufacturers use? ie not powerflushed etc.

needs to be power flushed for a day on old systems and i would still fit one

That's not strictly true, only needs chemically flushed ;)
But for magnetic filters, yes, fit them is much advised :)

That's not strictly true, only needs chemically flushed ;)
But for magnetic filters, yes, fit them is much advised :)

:D like thats going to do anything on a open system :) unless you put mains through it that will help

It won't invalidate warranty but it will go along way to satisfying the manufacturer that the best precautions have been taken to protect the boiler. As above this should be after a thorough flush of the system as it's pretty impossible to remove all magnetite and is a great way to future proof the boiler.

Also worth noting that a scale reducer may be essential depending on location and a mini expansion vessel on the main if a NRV is present on the incoming main.

Last edited:
I would ALWAYS fit a magnaclean or similar and it doesn't invalidate a warranty if not fitted but the cleaner n inhibitor will, I think it's amazing how a simplistic idea like the magnaclean can save the newer boilers from gunking up purely because the internal diameters of heat exchangers are getting smaller and I've seen some really furred up magnets and believe they're worth there weight in gold lol

It's asked in the benchmark commissioning checklist now which I think shows you how much they should be used ,,

No the warranty won't be void. The Manu has to prove that u didn't cleanse to bs and mi from Chems

can only be a good thing fitting a filter,why bother fitting a new boiler and cleaning the system without one?you will never get a existing system 100 % clean whatever method you use

old wives tale!

recently noticed boiler benchmark now ask if there is a system filter installed!

:) you willing to take the chance with boiler mis trying to find every loop hole to get out of warranty ;)

The manufacturer needs to keep installers loyal so decline warranty at their peril. Especially when u installed 100's of their boilers last year .......

:) you willing to take the chance with boiler mis trying to find every loop hole to get out of warranty ;)

you dont have to power flush to get the warranty cover old son, just flush and treat as required using chemicals if needed

you dont have to power flush to get the warranty cover old son, just flush and treat as required using chemicals if needed

thats a new one by me as reading a few mi they state must be power-flushed even says on bench mark/there own brand

its not worth not fitting one as the customer is paying for it and it stops the manaufacturers favourite get out of water quality

its not worth not fitting one as the customer is paying for it and it stops the manaufacturers favourite get out of water quality

my issue is because the customer is paying and me not being a very good salesman, i hate having to talk them into having one fitted if they're trying save money, almost as much i hate not fitting them. Seems like everyone just wants bare bones

my issue is because the customer is paying and me not being a very good salesman, i hate having to talk them into having one fitted if they're trying save money, almost as much i hate not fitting them. Seems like everyone just wants bare bones

I always fit them, I wax lyrical about them. I even say you can have your money back if your not impressed, no ones took me up on it yet. When they see the gunk they pull, out they're amazed.

tell your customer that they increase the expected lifespan of the appliance, they reduce the running costs, they protect against loss of warranty from some manufacturers etc.....

As for flushing, manufacturers require you to flush the system to the current standards. 3 methods are possible depending on the state of the system. Power flushing is one of them but not always whats required to meet the standards. Basically you need to do whats needed to leave a clean system. You will never get a perfectly clean system even if its brand new.

thats a new one by me as reading a few mi they state must be power-flushed even says on bench mark/there own brand

do let me know which manufacturers insist on a power flush, not seen one saying so yet in any MFIs

I would always fit what the customer pays for.
If they are on a budget - thats their luck out.

I'll have a look in the new Worcester ones as I'm fitting a combi tomorrow, doubt it's changed though! Has always said chemically flush NOT power flush.

i thought that not fitting them (on worcesters specifically) could be a reason used to invalidate warranty if the system isnt completely clean even after a flush. Am i completely wrong or just a bit wrong?

i thought that not fitting them (on worcesters specifically) could be a reason used to invalidate warranty if the system isnt completely clean even after a flush. Am i completely wrong or just a bit wrong?

A bit wrong, they want you to use there branded filter to up the warranty.

know this may seem strange...but i and others were putting inhibitor in systems 35 years ago,when came into trade...i replace the boiler,the system is spotless....what is a magnetic cleaner going to do.....if no rubbish in system ..nothing to damage boiler..end of.....i replaced a neta heat last month..system like spring water.....i have replaced 10year old boilers that the pipework and rads need changing....think what you are trying to achieve before you dive on fitting gear for no reason.....

know this may seem strange...but i and others were putting inhibitor in systems 35 years ago,when came into trade...i replace the boiler,the system is spotless....what is a magnetic cleaner going to do.....if no rubbish in system ..nothing to damage boiler..end of.....i replaced a neta heat last month..system like spring water.....i have replaced 10year old boilers that the pipework and rads need changing....think what you are trying to achieve before you dive on fitting gear for no reason.....

Peace of mind, no come backs from the manufacturers? Extra income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to are magnacleans essential? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock