Discuss Approx. replacement cost for fitting a 15/60 pump and 3 port actuator in a bungalow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boaz

Title says all, I live in a bungalow in East Sussex, old 15/50 pump, and Danfoss actuator on 3 port valve all shot. Any approximate price for carrying out replacement of same. Boiler is new ( Worcester/Bosch 15 Ri ),
Any help appreciated,
Kind Regards,
boaz

Re: Approx. replacement cost for fitting a 15/60 pump and 3 port actuator in a bungal

Depends on access, whether the parts are supplied by the plumber, how easy it is to drain down. May need new inhibitor too

Re: Approx. replacement cost for fitting a 15/60 pump and 3 port actuator in a bungal

Access is simple - no problems in roof space, I would purchase parts, no requirement to drain down, as pump has shut off valves each side, and actuator does not require the plumbing side to be touched - I just cannot do it myself any more !!! - but if I am talking silly money, then I will have to, it is a pain being over 70, but better than the option ¬!!,
boaz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pump Valves don't shut down properly a lot of the time, worth bearing that in mind when you receive quotes/estimates.

If you supply parts.............£100-120?

Also, Any reason in particular for changing the 15-50 to a 15-60 in a bungalow?

They do not manufacture the 15/50 any more - it has been dropped and replaced by the 15/50/60.
Which when I think about it makes good sense, Thanks for your reply,
boaz

As said before pump valves don't always shut off.

On another note, some times the actuator gives up because the valve itself is starting to seize and wears the actuator out. Meaning your new one won't last long.

Thanks for that, I have been up in the loft, to remove the actuator, and the valve moves very freely, hence I found the pump had 240 volts - but not turning - have not long moved into the bungalow which is why I had the boiler replaced, the old one was a classic !!!. It did have a bonus, you could fry bacon & eggs on the top. As it is now passed 5 ,clock, I will have my first Scottish water before dinner - that's about the only joy of the 70+ !!
boaz

At that price, it is OK, not worth knocking my back out for that - thank you,
boaz

Me personally I never replace just the head on 3 ports as there is usually a reason it has worn out. Why not ask a couple of people local to you or post up on here your location and someone may be able to help you.

That was very considerate of you 82, my thanks. It was suggested around £120 ish, and as I said I will find a plumber, but I will check him whilst working on same, !!!.
That should now end this thread, and thank you all once again for your assistance,
Kind Regards, boaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Approx. replacement cost for fitting a 15/60 pump and 3 port actuator in a bungalow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock