Search the forum,

Discuss Approx cost of replacement outside tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I had to call out an emergency plumber last week. My outside tap was leaking through its check value. The leak, then became a fine spray. I turned off the water, then 'phoned the plumber. He visited within 30mins with a new tap and replaced the old one. What would be the approx cost of his call-out and cost of replacing the tap - parts and labour. Thanks.

The fact that it was an 'emergency' callout will put the price up. £70 is probably a non-London callout plus parts when the plumber was in normal working hours and just happened to be free and not having to drop another job to be there.

If you lived in London and called out a plumber at night, £200 is a good price.

If the plumber is VAT registered, you could easily add VAT to those prices.

What did he charge?
Where are you approximately?
If you want someone to drop what they're doing and turn up with all the bits within 30 mins and do a decent job then expect a significant premium wherever you are.

Reply to Approx cost of replacement outside tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock