Search the forum,

Discuss Apprenticeship Wanted **Doncaster Area** in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rowey2013

Hello Im Keelan 18 From doncaster , currently doing my NVQ Level 2 at NewCareerSkills looking for an employer who wants to take on an apprentice , i have just completed my Airing Cupboard Fitting and That passed with no leaks etc i can provide pictures of work if you wanted to see them as there to build my portfolio
Im hardworking and capable of doing the job

you could ask the Plumbing Tutor as a reference since i have been at the center

Thanks.

I hope you find someone Keelan but the reality is your chances are slim. It is a supply and demand thing but i wish you luck.

A question to ask your tutors tomorrow if you read this early or on Monday if you don't.
Why has the plumbing /heating game turned on its head for entrants where people are told or feel they need to get the qual before the job as if it was an O level or whatever they call them these days? (their answer will be pysh)

I hope you find someone Keelan but the reality is your chances are slim. It is a supply and demand thing but i wish you luck.

A question to ask your tutors tomorrow if you read this early or on Monday if you don't.
Why has the plumbing /heating game turned on its head for entrants where people are told or feel they need to get the qual before the job as if it was an O level or whatever they call them these days? (their answer will be pysh)

Tam,

It's very sad we have building engineers coming out of University with degrees and Fahrenheit and Centigrade heads full of magic and they don't know one end of a towel rail from another, the University I lecture at made up a building services science course just for that reason, it covers all the service, water, gas, HVAC, power, fire and security, some of these chaps will go on to be building control officer the Lord forbid enforcing L2, part P Blah Blah Blah no doubt.

As for the plumbing industry, the reason we have so many plumbers from hell is, push fit, B&Q and the lack of big companies taking on apprentices, unfortunately for this chap his prospects are bleak, I love the qualification he's just got Airing Cupboard Fitting, I need to take a photo of my daughter's Airing Cupboard Fitting the chap who did hers had a qualification is patchwork cushions and dress making and also needed to go to Specsavers.

Having wall to wall qualifications in Gas Safe, OFTEC, NICEIC Unvented Hot Water etc does not and will never make you a good plumber, you are forced to gain these units to be able to work safely and comply.

I don't know where this industry is going we have failed to keep close control on it, I saw a plumbing van the other day on the side it said " YOU TRIED THE COWBOYS NOW TRY THE INDIANS" make up your own mind.

I agree with you Tam and good luck Rowey they can't knock you for trying I wish you well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi keelan,

There are two plumbing apprenticeship vacancies in doncaster on the apprenticeship website, both are provided by new career skills

Hi keelan,

There are two plumbing apprenticeship vacancies in doncaster on the apprenticeship website, both are provided by new career skills

Good luck Keelan go for it and I wish you well

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Im Keelan 18 From doncaster , currently doing my NVQ Level 2 at NewCareerSkills looking for an employer who wants to take on an apprentice , i have just completed my Airing Cupboard Fitting and That passed with no leaks etc i can provide pictures of work if you wanted to see them as there to build my portfolio
Im hardworking and capable of doing the job

you could ask the Plumbing Tutor as a reference since i have been at the center

Thanks.

Jesus, not NCS, how much have you handed over to that rip off company. Give my regards to Kevin if he's still there .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apprenticeship Wanted **Doncaster Area** in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock