Discuss Apprentice Here! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ConP

Hi All!

Starting my apprenticeship on Monday can't wait, it's a change of job for me at 23 and I'm wondering if you have any advise you maybe wish had been told to you before you started?

I look forward to posting on your threads when I know what I'm talking about

Best bit of advice is don't take anything to heart!!

Your joining a trade that cannot be learnt overnight and you will make mistakes (we all do its life) you will however be on the brown smelly end of the stick a lot at the beginning BUT if you stick at it you will start to learn and become better and better and soon enough people will come to you for advice, look forward to becoming qualified but realise now that the qualification doesn't make the plumber but experience and time does.

That and the willingness to continue to learn and progress through your entire courier.

Good luck and hang around there are plenty of very helpful people on here who know an awful lot about plumbing, heating and gas.

Best bit of advice is don't take anything to heart!!

Your joining a trade that cannot be learnt overnight and you will make mistakes (we all do its life) you will however be on the brown smelly end of the PIPE a lot at the beginning BUT if you stick at it you will start to learn and become better and better and soon enough people will come to you for advice, look forward to becoming qualified but realise now that the qualification doesn't make the plumber but experience and time does.

That and the willingness to continue to learn and progress through your entire courier.

Good luck and hang around there are plenty of very helpful people on here who know an awful lot about plumbing, heating and gas.

Corrected that for you :biggrin: Some good advice though.

When you're up to your knees in the brown and mucky stuff at 11 at night, always remember this and you'll instantly feel better about yourself.

You're further up the evolutionary ladder than sparkies. .........

Leave phone in the van, if there is nothing that needs doing start tidying up, if nothing needs tidying get the broom out.

And most importantly never be afraid to ask, you wont look stupid, you do that by not asking and making a mess of things.

Welcome Conp plenty of great advice here like that given above....have to agree with the phone thing....and remember start as you mean to go on.....best of luck in your new career...and keep us up to date from time to time....regards Turnpin:welcome:

Always have a tape measure, pencil and piece of string handy. Plus make sure the teas hot.

Grab a catalogue from merchants and learn names and sizes of fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apprentice Here! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock