Discuss Anyone with good knowledge of Vaillants? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

psk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey Everyone,

I have a little problem doing my head BIG time.
Vaillant ecotec pro 28 has hot water issues.
Heating works super, hot water when demanded comes at a temp of 80-90c then goes off and cold.
Ive checked it for blockage in the PHEX thats OK, changed the sensors also. There is no blockage in the system whatsoever and the DV is ok too.
Any ideas fellas?
Thanks for your assistance mateys. :smile5:

Why is the water coming out so hot?

How have you measured the temperature?

are you sure the plate is not scaled . i think there is a filter on one of the hydo blocks but not sure if thats for the htg

yes is that the pink salmon colour one canoe filter from memory on the left hand side , sorry cannot remember anything else

What's ya water flow rate? Must be prety slow if it's getting that high .... Is it hot/cold/hot/cold or just hot then nothing happening? Your description's a bit vague psk :)

sounds very much like a plate heat exchanger issue,i know you said you have cleaned it but it could still be blocked

I had similar prob on baxi 105 he, I cleaned the heat exchanger and still no good, changed heat exchanger all good. Thanks to gasman

Had this a few times it's the rubber hoses coming off the main heatexchanger best way to test is to squeez gently if no movement chang both, the water is not circulating away from main heat exchanger quick enough to supply the plate heat exchanger (dhw) before cutting out on dhw stat but enough to allow c/heating use due to the lower demand

thanks for the input guys,
diamondgas...the water flowrate is ok, hot water demanded comes out sclading hot and goes dead cold
gasman.....both heatexchngers have been cleaned out.
i did ring vaillant before my phone battery passed out, the rep was on about the rubber hoses from the main hex as suggested my NEGAS, im going to check that today and post the outcome later on.
Cheers for the tips.
I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone with good knowledge of Vaillants? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24. Hi all, we are having issues with hot water as it only stays hot for a few minutes for the taps and shower. You can...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
A
Hello all, Im wondering if you can help? Ive got a Vaillant Ecotech Pro 28 which was installed 9 years back and has worked like a dream all its...
Replies
Views
Called to repair Baxi Duo-Tec Combi no hot water? Replaced plate heat exchanger blocked solid replaced change over cartridge and DHW sensor still...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help with this fault? Vaillant 831 fitted 2014 Called to look as hot water was poor Ran some tests and the boiler would only give out...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock