Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone know if this is a gas supply? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, I’m just DIYing a bathroom refurb and came across this blanked off pipe in the wall that protrudes out about 2cm. The previous owners tiled round it and left it exposed which makes me think that it was left in situ on purpose. We don’t actually use gas in the house and don’t have a meter but the previous owners did at some point. My question is would it be unwise to cut it back so I can tile the wall flush, the house is a 1930’s mid terrace and I suspect the bathroom was originally a bedroom way back when. Your collective wisdom is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpeg
    IMG_0746.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0745.jpeg
    IMG_0745.jpeg
    453.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0744.jpeg
    IMG_0744.jpeg
    650.3 KB · Views: 14
Ah, thanks for that. Is it possible it’s still tapped into a live supply? As previously stated our supply is capped off under the stairs with no meter.
Very unlikely if there's no meter on your incoming gas supply.
That only leaves the slight possibility it's water, if you are going to cut it off or unscrew the bung to check, make sure you're ready to turn of the water,,, just in case.

Reply to Anyone know if this is a gas supply? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock