Discuss Anyone fitted the new Baxi boilers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert large

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone fitted many of the new Baxi boilers ?
I've fitted a lot of Duo-Tecs & Platinums but know nothing of the new ones. 200s & 400s I think they are called so I'm interested to know how they are performing & how easy they are to fit...oh, & are they lighter than a duo-tec to lift ;)

400s ok 600 are getting there

400 looks very plastic
600 looks good, I think they are sorting out the teething problems

Thanks. Both boilers not quite 100% yet then ?
Would have replied earlier but been having log-in problems.

fitted a few 400`s on an estate near me a while ago (not specified by me) I thought they were a bit flimsy and did not weigh much

We've done quite a few 400's. nice, light, and very quiet. Once I got over the old plumber problem( brass is best) and embraced the plastic construction I really like them. They seem well designed and easy to work on going forward after warranty runs out.

Fitted a few compacts and they are a doddle.
They have put more brass back into the newer ones and flue more central.
I also hear that Baxi are changing the warranty call back set up .If the boiler is not installed properly /system cleaned or benchmark not filled out correctly they will repair then void the warranty.

Thanks Quality, Lee & Hammers. Do you think they are as reliable as the old Duo Tecs ?
I've gone away from Vaillant a bit (too expensive now) & am doing quite a few Logic+s but getting a bit worried about the stories when warranty call outs are required so looking around at others.

It' a case of time will tell.
The expansion vessels are smaller if I recall so not great for big systems.

They are all going the same way with warranties. Oh and baxi are doing a flue where any white showing won' be damaged by UV or corrode

What size vessel is in the 200&400?
I think it's 7 in the 600.

I have not Mate. But the lads on here seem to like them. I have stuck with my Vaillant’s. Nothing compares to them in my opinion.

As Hammers says... still too new but to me Baxi is a more trustwothy name than Ideal so fingers crossed. 105e to Duo tec all good but a bit big in a modern kitchen. 400 Vessel is 7 litres.
I've previously been a Glowworm fan and not had a problem with any Flexicoms I've fitted in the last 9 years but after the shake up there I'm not so sure, Vaillants are good but too expensive.

Fitted a couple of 400 heat only boilers easy to fit and commission small light and a good bit cheaper than say a Ideal but as has been said the plastic casing lets it down.

Screenshot_2018-02-04-07-27-33.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone fitted the new Baxi boilers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock