Discuss anyone aware of any problems with the new potterton promax fsb boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys,

fitted a potterton promax fsb 30he boiler a few months ago, apparently now it is not always firing up. customer said the flame failure light comes on sometimes and a funny noise comes from the boiler,

she insists that she thinks its something to do with the controls/timer (im sure its not but hey customer "knows best")

does anyone know if there have been many of these boilers failing after a few months?

the job was done properly, system flushed etc.

Check the spark electrode. Distance between the two pins is about a pound coins width.

The 2 electrodes can bend away from each other due to the heat.

On the promax 24/28 combis this is a common fault. E133 fault code if I recall correctly

If I'm correct, the noises will be the chamber filling with gas but not lighting straight away causing dare i say it 'farting noises'

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anyone aware of any problems with the new potterton promax fsb boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock