Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Any ideas how I remove this valve cover? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpl

hi, I have 1 radiator which won't warm up. Watched a few guides and think I have narrowed it down to the trv valve. Only problem is I can't get the valve cover off to check the pin. It's a myson valve if that helps, probably very old.
Any help would be appreciated and thank you

IMG_1283.JPG

Give it a wiggle and pull should pop off

Shaun you are awesome. Was worried to pull it too much before but a good wiggle and a bit of force sorted it. Pin was indeed stuck and thanks to you I now have a lovely hot radiator.
Absolute star

Shaun you are awesome. Was worried to pull it too much before but a good wiggle and a bit of force sorted it. Pin was indeed stuck and thanks to you I now have a lovely hot radiator.
Absolute star
Surprised it came off in one piece to be honest.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any ideas how I remove this valve cover? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock