Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Any commercial ideal chaps around ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whyme

Got to change a flue hood and heat padding on a Ideal Imax soon and just wondered how involved it is..The joint to the main plate looks like its sealed with some grey silicone stuff....Just wondered what it was and if it needs a gasket after strip or the same kind of stuff???? It's a long shot i know ..

Ideal use a grey mastic stuff on their boilers **** knows what it is but it sticks to everything when it is new and hardens with the heat.
Apart from that i can't help you Gaz. A lot of use that was lol

I know the stuff you mean. Haven't seen it in ages. You could probably use high temperatures silicon.

Haha Tamz......Crop its on the original heat ex and they are the older models, like ya say could be that grey high temp stuff...

Ps if ya hear of a factory workforce dying of co please delete this post. it'll give me chance to leave the country. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any commercial ideal chaps around ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock