Discuss Anton V3 vs Kane 455... seconds out rd 1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brightcrow

Ok so i know this is covering old ground really and i am sure if i trawl thru countless posts i'll find the answer but i would really like know where to jump.

Kind of like the techie stuff of the Anton, the bluetooth pda function and software for printing professional look certs etc, but without having used it, i am not sure if it's worth having.

Everyone keeps mentioning how easy the Kane is to use and cheap to service but my limited research seems to suggest there's not much in it really. So any true to life experiences welcome.

Also we are looking to branch into solid fuel so the draught/differential measurement will probably be useful in long run. Does anyone have any idea if its the same test on the Kane as the Anton

We are looking to buy two of these so if anyone know any good savings that could be made it would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help in this

have used both at college, and personally prefer the kane because of the dial control.
will need to buy one soon, interested to see what feed back you get.

Ive used both, I bought the Anton Sprint V2 and I quite like it. I only use them for FGA and commissioning,but I know guys who use them for TT etc. Both are really good pieces of kit so its really down to personal choice, some like the large display on the kane and the dial, I like the battery life of the Anton.

Purge time is quicker on the V2 as well. I am about to buy an analyser and 'grew up' up with the 455. Love the dial, but dislike the fact that O[SUB]2 [/SUB]is calculated on 455; therefore, it will be the V2 for me.

Interesting, first person i have seen who is switching in that direction. Could you clarify a bit about the O2 being calc'd?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a v3 and no problems with it so far. Only small thing is if the battery is really low the co level can suddenly start rising uncontollably, recharge solves that though. I was reluctant to get another anton after i sent my v1 in for repair about 2 years ago and was quoted about ÂŁ350 for several problems.it would have been supid not to get a new one at that repair price. I told them to send it backand they wanted ÂŁ30. Thieves! My friend has a kane and i prefer the simple dial system. Not sure if its the 455, its the one with ir sensor. I think its a case of whichever one you prefer yourself.

kane 455 for me, simple to use and easy just follow the screen, excellent bit of kit.

TPI 712 for me, used Kane, Anton, Testo and TPI. Much prefer the TPI 712.
Plus British Gas dont use them for a laugh, its because they are a real good piece of kit.

Interesting, first person i have seen who is switching in that direction. Could you clarify a bit about the O2 being calc'd?

There is no O[SUB]2[/SUB] cell in the 455 (as opposed to the 425); O[SUB]2[/SUB] is calculated from CO[SUB]2[/SUB]. If you understand the combustion curve (fuel rich v fuel lean), you'll understand why this might give you some suspect readings on the 455.

That makes complete sense now and agree the readings could be a bit suspect if it is calculated rather than measured.

Have had my 455 now for just over a year now and is very simple to use, BUT will be going back to Kane for the third time in a year because my CO readings have become erratic for the third time, When doing combustion analysis my analyser often shows CO readings that jump up and down from 50-200+ and also goes to zero while in the flue of a boiler! I'll also have readings of 180 after the start up purge before i go near the boiler, Have lost all faith with it actually, I'd go for the aston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anton V3 vs Kane 455... seconds out rd 1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock