Search the forum,

Discuss Anti-Slip Shower Trays in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Due to the cramped space that I have for installing a shower tray and the required positioning of the trap to be at the front left, I am severely limited on my options. I would really have preferred an Anti-Slip Shower Tray, but struggling to find one that meets my requirements.

There are very many trays out there that aren’t anti-slip and so I wonder just how much of a need-to-have this is I.e. will non-slip be absolutely fine in most cases?

I note that you can buy some very expensive liquid to apply for the above purpose and I wonder if anyone has experience of that and how well it has stood up to the test of time? if this stuff works as well as the manufacturers claim, it would seem to be the best option as I could then pick and choose my tray.

TIA

Mira flight safe is a good anti slip ?

Mira flight safe is a good anti slip ?
Indeed, but annoyingly the 900 x 760 tray has the trap on the RHS and with the tray going into a three sided recess, it will put the trap at the back and therefore make access more complicated. Not sure how much of an issue that is!?
i was thinking about the traditional Mira Flight that has the trap on the left-hand side. But, in recent times they have removed the raised pattern on the surface and so it is completely smooth. Again, I’m not sure how much of an issue it is!? It is also a non-low-profile tray, but I can live with that even though it is less desirable.

I wouldn’t fit a non anti slip tray water and a sloppy surface don’t match even with a bath mat / anti slip mat

Not really aslong as your waste is ok and tbh you won’t step on it

Indeed, but annoyingly the 900 x 760 tray has the trap on the RHS and with the tray going into a three sided recess, it will put the trap at the back and therefore make access more complicated. Not sure how much of an issue that is!?
i was thinking about the traditional Mira Flight that has the trap on the left-hand side. But, in recent times they have removed the raised pattern on the surface and so it is completely smooth. Again, I’m not sure how much of an issue it is!? It is also a non-low-profile tray, but I can live with that even though it is less desirable.
This one any good? the one I posted a picture of is non slip also not sure of the brand but can find out ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220227-192701.png
    Screenshot_20220227-192701.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220227-193509.png
    Screenshot_20220227-193509.png
    1 MB · Views: 12
This one any good? the one I posted a picture of is non slip also not sure of the brand but can find out ?
Thanks for the suggestion KoP, but I have now purchased a tray.

I did look for a long time at the Mira Flight Safe as it is called, but the reason I didn’t go with it was because it moved the trap away from the front of the tray which is where I need to access it and also, it would’ve been virtually over the soil pipe, but slightly skewed. There would also be the issue of the water pipes that come out of the stud wall just at that spot too, just to compound matters.

All things considered I decided to stick with a standard tray, convinced by one of my work colleagues whom had recently had two such trays installed. They laughed at my concerns! :)

If you still haven't found a antislip shower tray, check out this durovin bathrooms, they sell anti slip shower tray which might meet your needs.
Thanks for taking the trouble to respond.

I haven’t seen these trays before, but one thing I do notice is that they are acrylic and I much prefer the resin capped trays. Regardless of that, I have now purchased a standard tray and I’m sure it will be fine!

Reply to Anti-Slip Shower Trays in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock