Discuss Another one on plume kits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

kasser

Gas Engineer
Vaillant 838 to be fitted. Flue will end up on boundary line. Can a plume kit be fitted as solution?

I've been told yes but I don't see how a plume kit suddenly makes the short distance ok. The plume will still discharge over the boundary line.

I can direct the plume away from the boundary but I think 45deg is the max, certainly not 90 Deg?

There's currently no plume nuisance since there's no building nearby or path. It's just the 600 mm to boundary is more like 0 mm!

I did not do this btw.

IMG_20190503_144547.jpg

IMG_20190503_144555.jpg

I would have proposed a vertical flue myself or stick the boiler somewhere else but the hole has already been drilled. It would be easier if I could just stick a plume kit to it.
Apparently a couple of GSR said it's fine and did not even mention a plume kit.

I think it’s flippant just to say there’s nothing there so it’s ok. Is it just wasteland???

I didn’t mean you I meant the other guys. If it’s the neighbours garden then no

Fact is, there could be something there in the future. We've just had this on another thread. If the neighbour decides to build on the land, they have the right to ask the flue to be moved as it shouldn't be there. 600mm away from the boundary isn't just to prevent a nuisance.

I guess even if they don't build anything, it's still within their right to ask for the flue not to discharge right on their land.
But the question is, is fitting a plume kit a solution to this?

Reply to Another one on plume kits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock