Discuss Another new lad! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stu3y

just started NVQ Level 2 plumbing course and apprenticeship. I was going to do it years ago when leaving school, but for other reasons i didn't....

my dad is a self employed heating engineer so im doing the apprenticeship side of things with him with 1 day a week at college! thought I would join the forum to try and get as much knowledge as possible! :cool3:

just started NVQ Level 2 plumbing course and apprenticeship. I was going to do it years ago when leaving school, but for other reasons i didn't....

my dad is a self employed heating engineer so im doing the apprenticeship side of things with him with 1 day a week at college! thought I would join the forum to try and get as much knowledge as possible! :cool3:
Hi Stu3y & welcome along. Ask a question & most of the time you will get an answer (some times not the one you may have been hoping for or expecting).
whereabouts are you based & how are you finding the college side, which one are you attending ?

cheers, im up in the north east, attending the Redcar and Cleveland college... 1st proper day there tomorrow!

does any one on here that's been to college know if i will have to attend the "functional skills" lessons, ive been googling to see what its all about.. it sounds like its basic maths and English stuff.. i done all that at school for GCSEs im 28 year old, is there an age limit on it or is it compulsory no matter what?

Welcome to the madhouse Stu3y.

Think it's compulsory but you'll probably be able to plead your case with your lecturer if you can prove you don't require it.

ah right, if its compulsory, i guess I will just have to crack on and get it done.

thanks for the welcomes! hopefully i will know abit more of what you lot are talking about on some of the posts in the future :teeth_smile:

ah right, if its compulsory, i guess I will just have to crack on and get it done.

thanks for the welcomes! hopefully i will know abit more of what you lot are talking about on some of the posts in the future :teeth_smile:

If you've been working with your dad then the test will be such a breeze you'll feel insulted being asked to sit it.
But if it must be done then just suffer it ;)

Hi Stu3y and welcome many fellas and girls on here will be envious of the great opportunity you have before you use it wisely and best of luck to you regards Turnpin:cool3:

Welcome to the forum. Is your dad a member?

About the skills test thingy Im pretty sure its only compulsory if you don't have a-c in gcse maths and English.

thanks every one, def going to make the most of the opportunity for sure!

my dad aint a member on here.. hmm i think i have a D in english maths! not sure its been about 9 years since i seen my GCSE certificates... in fact i dont even know where they are :6:

:welcome: to the forum stu3y.
You certainly have the advantage over most of being able to get work with family.
Stick around and you will pick up plenty of info on here to add to what you are learning.
The functional skills, is that the same as key skills??
if so and you are on the apprentice scheme, I think if it is more than 5 years since you did your exams at school then you need to do it.
But best to get the information direct from college, that's where you will get the definitive answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another new lad! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock