Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Another bloke retraining... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

csweet

Evening all. Not actually a plumber yet but like a few people on here re-training soon, just looking for any advice on how to go. Doing a basic course but want to get hands on asap - so if anyone can recommend a good website I'd be grateful. I live in London so can get to anywhere within the M25 or just outside.

Again any help would be appreciated.

Craig

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk csweet. Thanks for introducing yourself.

welcome

what course r u doing? have u read the other threads?

I've just joined up so haven't read through yet.

The course is just a basic DIY course at my local college as I've no skills at all as yet. Ultimately I will do my nvq's but want to get actual experience as well. Most courses I've looked at say they assess you while at work.

welcome

what course r u doing? have u read the other threads?

I'm doing a DIY plumbing course at my local college as I haven't got any skills.
I've only just signed up on here so will check out the other threads.

I will eventually do my NVQ's but most of the places I've looked at will assess you on the job, I can't really afford to go back college full time.

I'm doing a DIY plumbing course at my local college as I haven't got any skills.
I've only just signed up on here so will check out the other threads.

I will eventually do my NVQ's but most of the places I've looked at will assess you on the job, I can't really afford to go back college full time.

all NVQ's finish this summer

all NVQ's finish this summer

I'm just waiting to here back from Kilburn college (CNWL), they advertise a level 2 course (6129 is the qualification they say) so when I have my interview I can discuss any queries then. Been reading through a book that is based around level 2 and really enjoy the technical stuff and studying a new subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another bloke retraining... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all, I am considering retraining and like a few on here I am in my 30s and currently working full time, four days a week. I read a bit...
Replies
Views
Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, Thanks in advance to any help or comments you can offer me. I’m a 29 year old lad who has been working in a small firm, mainly...
Replies
Views
Hello, i have seen there are a few recent posts about this, but am in the same situation as the others but in different areas. I am a 29 year old...
Replies
Views
Good evening I am looking for a work shadowing opportunity with a view to work alongside an experienced plumber/heating engineer such as yourself...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock