Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Another analyser thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alright lads and ladies.

just in the process of getting an analyser for work and I'm thinking about ordering the testo 330-2 ll pro kit.

In the future I'll be working on oil boilers but noticed it said light oil.

Not worked on oil before so am I likely to come across heavy fuel
oil or will it only be light?

and what's the difference?

Anyone use this analyser for oil or so you all stick to the Kane?

Light oil is 28second kero, heavy oil is 35second (red diesel). So unless you think you will be doing loads of old boilers or farmers boilers should be fine. I use a Kane 255 and that only does light oil.

Also take a look at the Anton range of FGA. The new eVo range are pretty good and not a bad price. The running/calibration cost are good as well. I use my eVo1 on light oil.

Heavy oil to me usually refers to the ones with higher viscosity and usually require burners with preheaters to heat the oil for it to flow and be united. I thought light oil referred to the lower viscosity fuels such as kerosene and diesel.
I think kero and diesel fall into the category of no. 1 and no.2 oils, an no.3 while heavy go up from no.5 to no.6.
i think ye can google slot of this info.
if you have a query about any analysers ye might b better off ringing someone in technical sales for testo/Kane. They'll b able to tell ye capabilities of devices.
rhe lads here'll tell ye the drawbacks of each unit that any company may forget to tell ye.

Last edited:
Diesel oil is light oil. Analyser will have a setting for Kerosine

Also take a look at the Anton range of FGA. The new eVo range are pretty good and not a bad price. The running/calibration cost are good as well. I use my eVo1 on light oil.

Are they more reliable than the sprints? I have always had sprints and they are good analysers but never had one last 12 months before they packed in and I've put it down to the fact I used to do loads of oil and lpg conversions so put a bit too much strain on it.

I use a kane 455, brilliant bit of kit I will never go back to anton.

Diesel oil is light oil. Analyser will have a setting for Kerosine

On the Anton range of FGA, you set it to light oil for kero.

Millsy 82 - I have had a Sprint v2 for nearly 7 years, with no real issues. I only replaced it with an eVo1 as all the cells in the v2 needed replacing and the cost of the calibration etc was not far short of the eVo1 and that would then have a 5 year warranty :sunny:

Kane 455 is a good bit of kit had mine a couple of years now.
I will admit I like the sprint aswell though, but I wouldn't swap mind; I like the twist selector on the Kanes :)

I had a 455 when I was self destroyed but now I'm on the cards someone else is footing the bill lol

Alright lads and ladies.

just in the process of getting an analyser for work and I'm thinking about ordering the testo 330-2 ll pro kit.

In the future I'll be working on oil boilers but noticed it said light oil.

Not worked on oil before so am I likely to come across heavy fuel
oil or will it only be light?

and what's the difference?

Anyone use this analyser for oil or so you all stick to the Kane?

Testos is are brilliant , I've the 330-1ll, is the 330-2 an industrial one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another analyser thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock