Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Analyser for boiler servicing only. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi. I'm starting to get a few requests for boiler services so I'm looking to get my own analyser. Can anyone recommend a Fga kit which is good enough for boiler servicing. I can add to it when I start doing other gas work. Any bargains about?

Thanks

Kane 455 or 456 good all in one unit fga and tightness test

Last edited:
Ash, give Rob Wiskin a ring, area sales manager for Kane. He did me a cracking deal on the 455 full CPA kit when I first started out.

I know it's a big chunk of cash but the annual calibration costs are the lowest out of all of them. Don't forget that as well - a cheap buying price but high recalibration costs will end up costing more in the long run. Also Kane customer service is second to none - I normally get my FGA back within 2 days. Heard horror stories about Anton taking several weeks!

I like the Kane 455 but I can't find a simple kit and I can't justify forking out such a big lump for the full set.

https://www.tester.co.uk/kane-504-boiler-analyser?fee=3&fep=5516&gclid=CIWNxKPUv9ACFQmeGwod6vgDXA

I have found this, I know it's probably not the best but do you think it would be sufficient, even if it does me for a year until I can spend a bit more.

Thats a decent entry level fga Ash. It will do everything you need it to do and calibration costs are £65/ year.
If all you are doing with it is sticking it in a gas boiler that will do you fine as you don't need the stuff the others do. Most of the other stuff they do is a waste of time if you only do gas or have a half brain.
If you are on facebook Tom Mcc (Kane) on gas chat will do you a deal and give a discount if you pm him or if you want to ring him 07788178388
Head full of useless shyte me lol

Btw you might want a printer so thats another £100

Last edited by a moderator:
Ash, give Rob Wiskin a ring, area sales manager for Kane. He did me a cracking deal on the 455 full CPA kit when I first started out.

I know it's a big chunk of cash but the annual calibration costs are the lowest out of all of them. Don't forget that as well - a cheap buying price but high recalibration costs will end up costing more in the long run. Also Kane customer service is second to none - I normally get my FGA back within 2 days. Heard horror stories about Anton taking several weeks!

I had a nightmare with my Anton analyser being sent to the UK for servicing but the main problem was not Anton (although they did take a fortnight to get it ready to post back). The problem I had was with customs and paperwork getting the thing back. We were without it for a good six weeks in total.

Credit to Anton when they dealt with the customs issues for me, they were very helpful and professional at that stage.

Overseas customers beware!

The chap I'm working with has an Anton kit

I used it the other day to detect & fix a gas leak

First time I've ever used one

Really good.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not doing a massive amount of gas work at the minute because of my mon - fri job. I'd rather pay out and get a full kit but will have to wait until I'm doing regular gas work. If I pay it out now it's going to get minimal use and sit in my garage, if I have something basic that gets used occasionally it will get me by and It won't matter too much if it's gathering dust from time to time.

Not sure but seem to recall Jules Vern had fga of some sort up for sale a while back might help to send him a pm to see if it suits and more importantly if he still has it .....best of luck regards Turnpin:25:

Not sure but seem to recall Jules Vern had fga of some sort up for sale a while back might help to send him a pm to see if it suits and more importantly if he still has it .....best of luck regards Turnpin:25:

sorry sold it while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Analyser for boiler servicing only. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock