Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss An email for a 'service' - my response: in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Hello DanThanks for the email, sorry to hear the boiler is not starting. It is unlikely that a service can be carried out, the boiler needs fixing and then running for a day or two. When they have been off for a while the soot lining inside turns to tar and cannot be cleaned until its thoroughly dried out. Boilers are just like cars, if they dont start they need fixing, not servicing :)
Thanks
:yawn:

earliest i can get to you for a service is 3 weeks time, is my normal response:)

earliest i can get to you for a service is 3 weeks time, is my normal response:)

Yep. Its two to three weeks for a service. Which normally gets the 'but its not working', which the gets the 'well its not a service then'.

I just say I am unable to do a service until it is repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to An email for a 'service' - my response: in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Oil experts. I had a grant wall boiler with a failed transformer. Carried out a service and pretty sooty nozzle, and baffles build up suggest...
Replies
Views
I need some advice please. My Baxi boiler went recently faulty. A Baxi engineer came and fixed it in 10 minutes, he said that the ignition lead...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newbie here so feel free to teach me the etiquette of this place, and apologies for the lengthy opening post. The boiler started locking out...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock