Discuss Am I allowed to sort these two "boiler" issues? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I am not Gas Safe. Therefore I don't touch boilers apart from topping up after drain downs. Hence I don't know whether I am allowed to do anything else. Doesn't tend to come up but oddly enough it just did. Twice. Excuse the lack of knowledge of what the bits are but as I said, it aint my area, so I'm guessing.

Two different jobs. Two different combis. Both Alphas.

First one is just a weep on a soldered joint. I'm thinking either cold in or cold/hot out. Questions:

1) Am I allowed to sort it?

2) If so, do I need to order the right bit? Because it looks like I could just do it with a bent tap con and some pipe.

IMAG0420.jpgIMAG0421.jpg

Second one is...I think - not sure what the correct name is - the warning pipe? I'm guessing it's the one you run outside and then bend back towards the wall. Guy who installed it didn't finish job for some reason. Customer was warned by a friend about it.

So same questions:

1) Am I allowed to do it?

2) If I am, what should/shouldn't be done (rules/regs/minimum distances/whathaveyou)?

IMAG0435.jpgIMAG0436.jpg

More than happy to leave both well alone if not a good idea / not allowed.

Thanks

item 1. Technically no but yes. Item 2. No. I wouldn't touch it as probably more than those faults. If you fix visible ones the serious ones get forgotten

I wouldn't bother touching them. They have a habit of touch it and it will leak elsewhere. Is the prv pipe not going anywhere?

1 yes
2 if in doing repairs/fix and you end up with a problem that you shouldn't/cant fix you'll be giving yourself a headache

if the original installer missed this what els was missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Am I allowed to sort these two "boiler" issues? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock