Discuss Always lots of air in our CH system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi good evening,

TheGrundfos pump arrow on the front is pointing anticlockwise so is pumping up.

I removed the Drayton 3 way mid position motor controller to check if marked A or B and it was not marked.

Hi good evening,

TheGrundfos pump arrow on the front is pointing anticlockwise so is pumping up.

I removed the Drayton 3 way mid position motor controller to check if marked A or B and it was not marked.
See image sent. The arm is shown in the down position = Central Heating. Whin the controller moves the arm a 1/4 turn up it is in the Domestic Hot Water position.

Still looks wrongly plumbed to me, it should, IMO be like shown below.

The pump outlet might be connected to the CH

Can you confirm or not that the cold feed is teed in to where I have the labeb, if it is then definitely plumbed incorrectly.

Others might comment??

EDit: I can't post a photo either so

Can you confirm that the pipe teed into what you caal the CH pipe is the cold feed, if it is then plumbing definitely incorrect.

Will try and post photo later.

Finally able to post the attachment.

Attachments

• Drayton Mid Position Piping.jpg
    Drayton Mid Position Piping.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 21
I can confirm that the 15mm pipe on the Left side is the F&E cold. This is T-eed into the CH 22mm pipe from the left side of the 3-way Drayton midposition valve.

The boiler feed comes through the floor to the bottom of the 3-way Drayton midposition valve.

The DHW to the cylinder coil comes from the top of the 3-way Drayton midposition valve .

How would this configuration cause the excessive air in the Central Heating system?

Thanks

Reply to Always lots of air in our CH system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock