Search the forum,

Discuss Alternative to a Worchester 400 highflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hi, I have a customer that has a high flow 400 in a fairly large bungalow and it’s on its last legs, worchester have stopped making parts for it so time for a replacement, the customer doesn’t want a cylinder and would prefer a wall hung boiler but I’m getting a bit lost in choices, I’m conscious that they don’t want to downgrade anything that they already have, the 400 has a flow rate of up to 20lts/min and the alternatives that are wall hung seem to come in at around 15lts/min. Any suggestions? and would the difference in terms of a shower be noticeable. ? I have suggested a high flow 440 but they don’t seem very keen. Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.

Vaillant storage combi
WB 42cdi
ATAG 39 economiser

Thank you, the Viessmann looks pretty well suited and I’m not sure how I managed to miss the Vaillant, I usually work on smaller scale systems, I’ll put the choice between these and the 440 to them.

Viessmann for me but you will require a hand to mount

Worcester floor standing for me and I hate Worcester’s about to take a 400 out myself

Is it me or is the flue an absolute nightmare in the hiflows?

Fitting the new flue is not easy.
You have to get three bolts on from inside the boiler.
Which means taking most of it apart then you need to get your hands into rediculous places that you can't see so feeling around like a blind man.

I've not fitted a storage combi, is the 20l/m genuine and are they really capable of supplying two bathrooms with ease ?

one of the 111 we fitted supplied 3 showers with no problem all at same time

one of the 111 we fitted supplied 3 showers with no problem all at same time

aslong as you have the mains to back it up

I've not fitted a storage combi, is the 20l/m genuine and are they really capable of supplying two bathrooms with ease ?
Until the store has been used then it just works as a normal combi

Until the store has been used then it just works as a normal combi

same as an unvented cylinder then least with a storage combi you will have some hot water

The house in question , I mean is there a bath ? Mixer showers , electric showers ,,, Depending on what's in the house would let u know if you'd get away with a combi that doesn't have any storage but still has 17lpm flow rate , wall hung Worcester cdi42kw or vogue 40kw both around 17lpm he but no storage of hw,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alternative to a Worchester 400 highflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock