Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha Range with Periscope Burners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soggy

I have worked on several of the newer Alphas but never an older one (96) with these burners. The previous service records show that they have had problems getting acceptable readings, with both burners being set at between 6 and 8% CO2 and 120-260ppm of CO. Before I get stuck into it, does anyone have any experience or advice? Nozzles used are 0.75 80W and 0.4 80W

WP_20140514_08_35_24_Pro_zps7bfeb464.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20140514_08_35_24_Pro_zps7bfeb464.jpg
    WP_20140514_08_35_24_Pro_zps7bfeb464.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 32
Not even heard of them. Is it some sort of range? Yes it is, just had another look at the picture and seen the labels on the burners.

Stopped doing ranges. Not worth the hassle.

Be interested to hear how you get on.

worst case treat as a rayburn, co2 would be more like 11% on my mind to work properly, if they are stanley alphas then aga took them over and should have tech knowledge

I have the manual, and indeed it gives a CO2 of 11-12%. For some reason, the previous service company have not been able to achieve close to these figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha Range with Periscope Burners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a Eurostar 90 that Ive maintaned for 10 years and I think a lot older. I serviced it few months ago. All was good. Then about 4 weeks ago it locked out so cleaned filter at tank and filter in pump. (pump filter was clean). It randomly locked out sometimes hour sometimes a...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant wall 16/21 about 10yrs old. The ones where there is no room to move ...! Doesn't look like serviced much. Opened up and heavily sooted. Bottom baffle...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock