Discuss Airing Cupboard Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevehessex01

Hi everyone, hoping some the can help point me in the right direction. It seems like the airing cupboard is coming to the boil.
Closer investigation and the noise seems to be coming from the circulation pump.
It sounds like air is trapped in or near the pump - it comes to the boil and after a few more seconds the pump switches off and all is silent for about 10 seconds then the pump starts up and the whole process begins again.
The whole process takes about 1 ½ minutes from start to finish. Is it normal for the pump to keep switching on and off every minute and a half?
A point to note is that I did have the motorised valve replaced a few months ago and on reflection, probably only noticed it since about then.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Regards Steve

get a technician back asap to have a look at the cause, air lock likely but needs sorting

Sounds a bit like a blocked cold feed which with the recent works could possibly be a closed gate valve on the cold feed.

How old is the pump? Sometimes draining a system and refilling can put extra strain on it.

I'm with lame call the bloke back to have a look it may be something he has done but chances are it's not.

System maybe needs bled . Could be a couple different things, pump sitting at wrong angle. Bad circulation Get engineer back to have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Airing Cupboard Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2 (it's TurboBlock Pro). Does somebody have service manual / maintenance PDF where can I get some...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock