Discuss Aeroflow Elec rads vs Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, went to look at a property to buy last night that had Aeroflow electric radiators and an electric heated water cylinder. The rads system was pretty new and had all the bells and whistles remote stats and remote programmer etc. Just wondered how efficient they were to run in comparison with a gas CH and HW system? Apologies if thats a bit vague.

generally speaking electricity type heating is a good deal more expensive than gas in the long run.

Just been offered a fixed tariff until 2019: gas 3.6 pence/Kw electric 16.7/Kw No amount of efficiency will make electric cheaper than gas. Even a heat pump couldn't compete.

I expect the house will be toasty warm, but your bank balance will suffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aeroflow Elec rads vs Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, My property is a 3-bed terraced with double glazing windows... It currently has no central heating, so I will get a new combi fitted...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really stuck with an issue I have with our soliud fuel back boiler system and my novice understanding is pretty much out of ideas so...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock