Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Advise for oil please in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Member

hi team hope all well, been told that I’m going to be fault finding on oil boilers and want some information please, I do breakdowns on gas/lpg all day everyday, so new to oil, will be doing my oftec soon and will book on some manufacturers training courses, there’s some grants but mainly Worcester in my area, some new but mainly the older models. I’m a bit nervous as new going into oil, where’s I’ve been doing breakdowns on gas for 10years.any feedback or good training courses in fault finding would be fantastic thanks for your time

2. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Should be fairly straightforward for you, coming from gas repairs, over to oil.
    Just follow the timing of the oil burner sequence and you usually will discover when exactly it fails and that will point to the most likely fault before you have to do anything.
    First things I check is probably similar to gas breakdowns, the basics , - is there power at boiler? Is the fuel getting to burner?
    A large number of boilers I go to are stopped because of oil tank empty or neglect, such as blocked oil filters, or water in oil.

3. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Member

Thanks for feedback mate really appreciate your time

4. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

No problem Jay Jay.
    One thing I should mention is on a lot of older Worcester boilers and on other brands, the burners are often Electro oil/Bentone. The solenoid on their oil pumps is common to go faulty.