Discuss Advice Required: Tankless with Storage tank /with winter Hydronic use in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Here is what I have going on, and wondering if someone can help me solve the problem..

Quick details: I live in Canada so the cold ground water temp can be an issue in the winter.

I had a Bradford white 75 gallon water tank that just gave up. This tank was used for my main home hot water, as well as sent hot water to a heat exchanger to run the hydronic system in my basement slab. I feel this system was inefficient. Unfortunately I do not have the capital to put in a boiler system.

So here are my options.

- Replace the tank with the exact same thing and set it up as it was.

- Switch to something else, which should gain efficiency.

I have had a few plumbers by to discuss.. both seemed to just say replace the tank as is. They didn't have any reasons as to why, just the easiest solution.

One I spoke to on the on the phone mentioned He would consider doing an On demand tankless system with a small storage tank. This got me to thinking this maybe the best solution for my situation.

I am curious as to other plumbers thoughts on this and how you see it working?
would it be more efficient?

Any advice is appreciated.

Reply to Advice Required: Tankless with Storage tank /with winter Hydronic use in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock