Discuss Advice re blocked drain in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Help! I'm in a bit of a panic and need advice. Our kitchen outside drain is blocked and nothing is shifting it. I reckon it's time to call in the professional or United Utilities (we have shared drains and they have done this in the past). However, there is one problem. There is still standing water in there mixed with a soup of chemical drain unblocker. I've just realised that the stuff my local hardware store sold me is only meant to be used with a licence!!! I had no idea! I'm now terrified that I could get in trouble or the shop could ( small family owned business). What should I do!?

Nothing just call United up and ask them to unblock as it’s a shared drain and advise the lads when they come on
Site you’ve tried drain cleaner etc

Nothing just call United up and ask them to unblock as it’s a shared drain and advise the lads when they come on
Site you’ve tried drain cleaner etc
Thank you. I'll call United utilities. I think I'll pop into the shop to make them aware they shouldn't have sold it me too. It's a lovely family owned shop and I'm sure they're just not aware of the laws around supply of this stuff!

Reply to Advice re blocked drain in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I bought a house last year and had some building work done before moving in which included a new downstairs shower room with wc with the drain...
Replies
Views
A
B
Hi All, This is a bit of a convoluted issue so please bear with me as I am not a trade professional & apologies for the length. If this in the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, sorry for the long post. We are getting desperate here and could use some advice. :( For about 5 weeks now the kitchen sink has been...
Replies
Views
petercj
P
R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
K
Hi there i have come here hoping to get some advice from people who are knowledgeable when it comes to plumbing as i am not! The problem i have...
Replies
Views
Plamber
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock