Discuss Advice on Salus RT300 fitting advice and general question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

badger69

Hi everyone new member here seeking some guidance and wisdom if possible.

I have had a new boiler fitted it was a Ideal logic + 30 combi with magnoclean filter, It is located in my loft against the outside wall.

First question : the fitter said the overflow pipe that comes out the wall has to now run into a drainpipe (my old pipe just overflowed from little pipe and ran down wall) and so he has run a pipe all the way across the side wall and connected it to my drainpipe, (it looks a little unsightly but not too bad) is this correct? and was there a better way for it to be run?

Second question: he has fitted a Salex RT300 next to the boiler in the loft and gave me the remote part.
Is it ok to fit in the loft as in operating instructions it staes not to put in enclosed spaces like basements etc.
The reason i ask is because on the first night (last Night) the remote was set to 15 and the temp in room was 17 but the rads didn't cool down and the room temp went up to 20. i could hear the boiler making noise in loft but the sign on the remote was not saying boiler was firing up.
had to turn turn boiler to summer mode in end to stop us from cooking.

This morning i have located the remote on the upper landing window seal and set it for 17 it seemed to turn off heating at 17.5 so may be reception problem will see if rads cool down.

Thanks for help in advance and sorry for longarse post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on Salus RT300 fitting advice and general question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Does anyone have any feedback as to which is best. Running the pipe from the outdoor gas meter to a new boiler on an outside wall or run...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help with some advice. Ahead of some renovation work, we had a 50 year old old floor standing boiler in the utility...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock