Discuss Advice on holes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

So, the shower cubicle to fit (not my house) has holes different to the ones already up.

The new holes are just touching the existing which means if I drill in afraid it'll go into the existing hole & this the new hole will be much too big for the plug/screws etc.

Any ideas on this one? Should I fill old holes with a super duper hardening filler?

Cheers

Rct - nothing seems to be easy at the mo..

Either fill existing or drill new holes through the bracket for the shower

Were it me if be tempted to just water proof them so maybe a dab of silicone in each hole then drill new ones through the shower bracket so that the old holes remain undisturbed

Carefully dismount the existing holes, and take them back to your merchant. Ask if you can swap them for different size holes. Obviously if the new holes are smaller than the old holes, you will expect a refund of the difference.

Be very careful getting the new holes home. Whatever you do, don't put them in your pocket!

Surrounding the holes with a minty tasting hardened sugar is the recommended way of containing smaller holes. Larger holes may be stored out in the open, so long as they are clearly labelled - for example "Gosport", "Swindon" or "Hull".

Avoid taking holes to Blackburn, Lancashire. They have a strict quota system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I presume it's the profile you're talking about? Drill some new holes in it with a steel bit

Carefully dismount the existing holes, and take them back to your merchant. Ask if you can swap them for different size holes. Obviously if the new holes are smaller than the old holes, you will expect a refund of the difference.

Be very careful getting the new holes home. Whatever you do, don't put them in your pocket!

Surrounding the holes with a minty tasting hardened sugar is the recommended way of containing smaller holes. Larger holes may be stored out in the open, so long as they are clearly labelled - for example "Gosport", "Swindon" or "Hull".

Avoid the gosport holes. Nothing but trouble.

Thanks Ray, I knew I could rely on you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on holes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock