Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on having an install At Risk warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys. I am after a bit of advice. I installed an Intergas boiler a couple of yrs ago. The client called me and said it kept cutting out so I told her to call Intergas. Intergas came and fitted a new gas valve but labelled the boiler At Risk for having no isolation valve at the appliance. He Mentioned she should get the installer back to fit one. Now I have never installed a boiler without an isolation valve as they all come with them.

Now I asked her if anyone had done any work on the place and it turns out that the gas meter was relocated from inside to outside. Now the pipe work looks a mess from video calling and definitely not something I did and with the valve removed.

Should I call Gas Safe up and explain this?

All advice welcome. Thanks

Hi guys. I am after a bit of advice. I installed an Intergas boiler a couple of yrs ago. The client called me and said it kept cutting out so I told her to call Intergas. Intergas came and fitted a new gas valve but labelled the boiler At Risk for having no isolation valve at the appliance. He Mentioned she should get the installer back to fit one. Now I have never installed a boiler without an isolation valve as they all come with them.

Now I asked her if anyone had done any work on the place and it turns out that the gas meter was relocated from inside to outside. Now the pipe work looks a mess from video calling and definitely not something I did and with the valve removed.

Should I call Gas Safe up and explain this?

All advice welcome. Thanks
I would go and look at it in person and see if it has been altered.
If it has it is little to do with you.
A face to face meeting normally works better than anything else.
In my opinion.

If any gas work's been done, there should be paperwork that supercedes yours. Also, did the boiler have a gas valve built in or did the M.I. say to fit one as an extra? (Never fitted an Intergas meself so don't know)

Don't have my book to hand, but I am pretty sure missing iso valve is not AR.

Can't see how it's AR. Also no isolation valve on the appliance?
If you fitted one and it's been removed then it's not down to you. Obviously you can charge them to fit another one though.

Bet they listed it at modifying a manufacturers part :D

The ones i have fitted all had a isolation valve and it is part of the Gas regs 26(6) . kop

Screenshot_2018-02-28-19-26-45.png

Screenshot_2018-02-28-19-28-04.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on having an install At Risk warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock