Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed on shower trap waste!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparkystu

Im currently fitting new bathroom suit and im a little concernd about the shower waste.

Im installing a walk round shower cubicle. Its basically a 900 quadrant with an extra bit added you walk round to go in. It only has a 50mm waste hole and im fitting a 8" shower head from the cieling. My question is will the 50mm waste hole cope with the amout of water from the shower head. I bought a mccalpine standard waste but im thinking it may need something a little better? Is the such a thing as a fast flow version in 50mm or are they all just a gimmic?? Ideally it would have been better with a 90mm hole, cant undestand why such a big tray only came 50mm.

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

Stu

MacAlpine top access shower traps take away around 26 litres/minute (over 5 1/2" gallons per min) Regardless of the size of shower head, you would need some serious "power shower" to out run that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed on shower trap waste!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock