Currently reading:
Advice Needed for New Worcester Combi Boiler & Which Installer

Discuss Advice Needed for New Worcester Combi Boiler & Which Installer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smithy89

I’m new to boilers so welcome any advice please.

1. Narrowed down to Worcester combi 37cdi or new 36lxi. Know very little about the 36, should I go for the newer one or not?
  2. Had several quotes for the 37cdi varying from 2k to 4.5k
  3. Do I go with a Worcester accredited installer giving a 7 year warranty or local gas safe plumber giving a 5 year warranty?
  4. What confuses me is some plumbers say that power flushing 14 radiators will take a few hours, some say all day. How long should this really take if done properly?
  5. I've got micro bore pipes is this ok with a combi boiler?
  6. Some plumbers say that the new hot water pipe needs to run from the downstairs utility to the upstairs airing cupboard (approx 8 meters away to improve pressure). Some say the pipe can run straight to the hot water pipe in the sink in the utility room (about 1 meter away)?
  7. Should I go for a Worcester programmable room thermostat to match the boiler or does it not make any difference which make/model?
  8. Does it make much difference to go for a Worcester DT10rf or DT20rf (I know the price is different). Some plumbers recommend the 10 over the 20.
  9. I’ve measured the gas pipe from the meter to the house – its 22mm – is this the correct size? Some plumber’s aren’t sure if the pipe is 22 mm all the way to the boiler and have added on extra to cover the cost.

Any advice much appreciated.

If you have already had several gas engineers round , then they are / have been in a better position to advise you than anybody on here can.

I’m new to boilers so welcome any advice please.

1. Narrowed down to Worcester combi 37cdi or new 36lxi. Know very little about the 36, should I go for the newer one or not?
  2. Had several quotes for the 37cdi varying from 2k to 4.5k
  3. Do I go with a Worcester accredited installer giving a 7 year warranty or local gas safe plumber giving a 5 year warranty?
  4. What confuses me is some plumbers say that power flushing 14 radiators will take a few hours, some say all day. How long should this really take if done properly?
  5. I've got micro bore pipes is this ok with a combi boiler?
  6. Some plumbers say that the new hot water pipe needs to run from the downstairs utility to the upstairs airing cupboard (approx 8 meters away to improve pressure). Some say the pipe can run straight to the hot water pipe in the sink in the utility room (about 1 meter away)?
  7. Should I go for a Worcester programmable room thermostat to match the boiler or does it not make any difference which make/model?
  8. Does it make much difference to go for a Worcester DT10rf or DT20rf (I know the price is different). Some plumbers recommend the 10 over the 20.
  9. I’ve measured the gas pipe from the meter to the house – its 22mm – is this the correct size? Some plumber’s aren’t sure if the pipe is 22 mm all the way to the boiler and have added on extra to cover the cost.

Any advice much appreciated.

1. I would also look at other options than Worcester, I personally like Remeha, but Vailant, Viessman, Intergas, Ideal are all good options also.
2. Impossible to comment without seeing site
3. The warranty is only good if you jump through various hoops, only you know how important these 2 years are to you (and at what additional cost) the Ideal Logic + has 7 years available to anyone at the moment
4. Power flush will most likely take all day if done correctly
5. Not a problem, though will increase time for flushing.
6. Impossible to say though reducing the length of HW runs is always better, and any 22mm hot water pipe should be replaced with 15mm to reduce wastage of water.
7. Personally I like the Honeywell programmable room stats, though depending on the boiler a opentherm ('modulating') stat would be a good idea.
8. See above
9. Likely to need increasing in size depending on length of run, number of bends.

Viessman for me,they are cheaper,warrenty is good,and aftersales is better than most

Why such a large boiler ? have you got more than 1 bathroom ? sometimes a combi is-not best option.

We've got 1 bathroom and 1 en-suite with a bath. We've got 4 beds and 2 electric showers. Baths are used 1 a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice Needed for New Worcester Combi Boiler & Which Installer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock