Discuss Advice appreciated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I've just replaced a faulty zone valve on a pumped CH system with tanks and indirect storage cylinder. It's one of 2 zone valves with the system being controlled by a HW/CH programmer.

The remaining old zone valve (HW) is a Sunwic and the new one (CH) is a Salus. The programmer has also been replaced with a Switchmaster.

Now, when turning the hot water on, the central heating comes on. With the hot water on, the central heating can't be turned off. As soon as the hot water is turned off, the CH zone valve will switch off if it's set to off on the programmer.

Hope that makes sense. My diagnosis is that the HW zone valve is sending a live feed to the other zone valve. The programmer is only working when either zone valve is switched to 24hr. The timed settings dont work.

Does anyone with more electrical experience have any ideas?

Which Sunvic valve is it? A lot of Sunvic valves are motor open motor close and incompatible with other valves.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice appreciated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock