Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss adding a couple of rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fullo

hi everyone, i'm a newbie. i was wondering if i could get some advice. i want to put two rads in my ice box/conservatory. is it possible to use plastic pipe and speedfit fittings. i've never attempted anything like this before but i'm willing to have a go.....cheers:cool:

if you must use plastic avoid speed fit fittings use poly pipe grey plastic, compression fittings and aluminium inserts then it wont come apart plus comp fittings cheaper to buy

correct me if I'm wrong but i've been told before that your not allowed to put radiators in conservatorys because they don't have a very good U value.

my college lecturer I'm at college the now doing a HNC in construction and we're currently doing heat loss in buildings and learning the U value of different materials. He was saying that its seen as a waste of time as the heat is lost straight away.

Last edited:
well tbh i disagree i have a customer who has wet ufh in his conservatory along with correctly sized rads,the ufh in his opinion is rubbish takes a long time to warm up so he uses the rads which are a lot quicker and maintain a constant temp in his conservatory

I guess it depends on what materials it is made for, I'm sure he said that its no longer acceptable to install them in conservatorys as it is seen as a waste of energy to heat it as the heat loss is greater than the heat generated, as the world is going energy efficient mad.

depends on the glass used in construction even that now adays has to be able to not lose heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to adding a couple of rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock